Don't Show Blanking Mask on Camera Views
  • I've set up blanking mask on some of my cameras to reduce false positives as recomended in the documentation. The masks appear in my camera views on MacOS, iOS, and TVOS. Is there a way to keep the mask for motion detection and not show it in camera views? I have a camera that shows my driveway and the sidewalk and street beyond. I like checking out the camera to see what's going on in the area. I'd have to mask it all out were I to use the camera to detect motion in my driveway, which I plan to do at some point. I seem to remember the views not showing the mask a few versions back, but I could be mistaken.

All my cameras are Hikvision models. I know I can set up a mask on the camera directly and have it do its own detection. I was under the impression SecuritySpy does a better job of it.
  • There are two different masks and I think you are mistaking one for the other:

The Video Blanking Mask, set up via Preferences > Cameras > Setup defines areas of the video image that should be obscured - i.e. drawn over with black for privacy reasons.

The Motion Detection Mask, set up via Preferences > Cameras > Triggers defines areas of the video image that should be ignored for the purposes of motion detection.

It sounds like you are using the Video Blanking Mask, but you should instead be using the Motion Detection Mask.
  • Yes, you're right. I looked all through the preferences for the correct option. I conflated the two masks as one. Problem resolved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!