Skip to content

ezviz cameras

edited January 2020 in Cameras
hello, I was wondering if there is a way to get PTZ to work on the ezviz cameras. It works with any profile that supports rasp h.264 for video and audio but ptz will not work. it does have an iPhone app that it works with but im curious if its possible to get it to work in security spy? I have no familiarity with the camera setups in security spy except for choosing profiles and ports and I dont see an easy way to modify the ptz parameters. anyone know IF these cameras can be added and if so how? thank you.

Comments

• Unfortunately not - we have asked EZVIZ directly for the technical information we would require in order to implement this, but they have not provided it. And, the camera doesn't support the ONVIF standard, which would cover video, audio and PTZ support. It seems that they want to tie users into using their own subscription-based software.

The best course of action would be to contact EZVIZ directly and tell them that you want to use their cameras with SecuritySpy, and suggest that they share technical information with us. The more people who do this, the more likely they will cooperate.
  • Perfect, exactly what I needed to know. thank you so much!
  • I have the EZviz cameras working in security spy, just not PTZ if that helps
  • Hi Go5,

Was just wondering if you could possibly let me know how you added your EZViz cameras into SecuritySpy? I'm trying to do the same with our EzGuard (C3W) cameras but don't know where I'd find the username and passwords (or anything else that might be needed in order to do this?).
    Would be great to know how you did it so that I can add ours too.

Many thanks,

Mark
  • Sorry Mark, I just noticed this reply. The user ID and password for the cameras come on the cameras themselves or the documentation in the box.