Skip to content

AvertX HD90IR

edited November 2013 in SecuritySpy
Bought 2 Avertx HD90IR cameras from costco, tried connecting to SecuritySpy, only getting the blue screen with the countdown. The cameras are on the list of supported cameras. I'm able to connect to the cameras via IP address. Anybody have similar cameras or issue?

Comments

• For this camera you will have two options for the Format selection in the Video Device Settings window in SecuritySpy: JPEG and H.264. Please try them both. If the H.264 setting doesn't work, the most common cause of this is Perian so if you have Perian installed on your computer you will need to remove it to use the H.264 stream in SecuritySpy.
  • I did try both JPEG & H.264. I did not have perian installed, so I installed it, tried it and uninstalled it. Cameras still doesn't work. I'm also using IQinvision cameras and they work perfectly, is there any other suggestions. I have 30 days to return the cameras, which is a good thing.
  • here is the log for the 2 cameras. please help. I did remove perian from all folders and also tried H.264. still not working.

11-28-2013 1242-27: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera 1" 3.1.3,70291,801 Data from network device not as expected

11-28-2013 1242-42: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera 1" 3.1.3,89900,8800 The server closed the connection

11-28-2013 1244-54: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera 2" 3.1.3,70291,801 Data from network device not as expected
  • That error is not due to Perian. As the error description suggests, the camera is sending back data that is not in the expected format (the particular error code indicates that SecuritySpy is requesting a video stream and the camera is sending back an HTML page).

I think the best thing to do here, if possible, is if you can make your camera available online to us temporarily for testing. To set up access to your camera from the internet you will need to do the following two things:

1. Set up the Port Forwarding feature on your router to forward incoming connections to the camera on ports 80 and 554. This feature could also be called "port mapping" or "virtual server", depending on your router. You will need to know your camera's IP address. For instructions for particular routers see http://www.portforward.com/

Your router will then forward incoming connections from the internet directly to your camera, allowing it to be accessed from the internet.

2. Set up a Dynamic DNS name - you can do this in the Web Server Setup window in SecuritySpy (accessible from the Settings menu). I will need this DDNS name to connect to your camera over the internet.

Please then email us with your DDNS name and the camera's username/password so that we can do the testing.

If you are able to do this we should be able to get it working for you. Many thanks.
  • I have 16 AvertX HD30 cameras and am very pleased with their performance and consider them an excellent value. I have been using them to replace Axis and other big name, high price cameras in my office building.

I left the cameras at their default H.264 over RTSP configuration. I was not able to get the cameras working using SecuritySpy's AvertX preset, but found they work well using if I use SecuritySpy's Manual Configuration with Format set to RTSP and Request set to "/h264".

AvertX may not have some of the features available in more expensive cameras, but I don't need them with SecuritySpy. To me, the only limitation with AvertX is poor documentation of their advanced configurations which are accessible by adding "/admin" to the camera's IP address. Again SecuritySpy comes through with excellent documentation so I can figure out AvertX.
  • VOP - your advice was straight forward. Manual config, h.264 over RTSP, then /h264 in the request box worked perfectly. I read the "help" section for spyware but didn't get it, for some reason this made sense to me. :-)

Ben, thank you for the awesome software you provide. I'm now using 8 cameras.
  • I've found and fixed the problem with the AvertX profile in SecuritySpy - sorry about this, there was a small mistake that prevented it from working. This will be in the next update. For now there's no disadvantage to using the manual configuration, as described above.