Trial Version
  • Does the trial version allow remote connections? I am able to log into the xxxx.viewcam.me:8000 server but I am unable to view video as it says I have no cameras to view. Consequently when I go into view captured files I am unable to view any.
    The status area shows as no active web connections even though I am connected.
    I am logging in via iphone using 3g/lte. Port forwarding on airport extreme is set up as PUBLIC UDP & TCP set at 8000 and Private UDP & TCP set to 8000. Private ip address is set to ip of iMac running SecuritySpy.
    Suspect I must have something incorrectly set-up somewhere.
  • the same result happens when I log directly to the local server ip address while iphone is in wifi mode. I get asked to enter username/password and see the same server page with 0 cameras available
  • There are no such limitations in the trial version - all features are available to try out.

This sounds like a web server user permissions issue - see the web server section of the SecuritySpy user manual for instructions on how to set up permissions for web server users.
  • thanks for quick reply.
    well duh... I had set up the account but somehow not checked any of the specific permissions. All working now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!