• Hi!

How much RAM is recommended for SecuritySpy? Unfortunately, constantly appears this error:

Error running the camera "Doroga" in active mode, it has been set to passive mode 3.0.4,817,-108 Out of memory

Thx!
  • We recommend around 6 GB RAM if using a lot of cameras.

How many cameras are you using and what is their resolution?

What compression format have you selected in the Compression Settings window in SecuritySpy? This particular error is related to video compression.

Are you using long pre-capture times? This uses a lot of memory.
  • >How many cameras are you using and what is their resolution?
    23 camerase: 5 FullHD, 5 1600x1200, 3 1280x1024 and other less than 1024x768.

>What compression format have you selected in the Compression Settings window in >SecuritySpy? This particular error is related to video compression.
    I tried MPEG4, but now JPEG.

>Are you using long pre-capture times? This uses a lot of memory.
    Pre-capture times was 2-3 seconds, but now - 0 and the error continues.
  • I would expect that so many high-res cameras would use a lot of memory, however I'm still surprised that they would use so much to cause this error.

Are any of your cameras capable of sending MEPG-4 or H.264 video to SecuritySpy? If so you will be able to see these options enabled in the Video Device Settings window in SecuritySpy in the Format menu. I would suggest using these settings for any camera that supports them, and enabling the "No recompression" options for those cameras (these options are at the bottom of the Video Device Settings window). Make sure you have not enabled any text overlay for these cameras in SecuritySpy (enable overlays in the cameras themselves if you need this feature).

This will cause SecuritySpy to capture the video directly to disk without performing any compression, which will increase quality and performance, as well as reducing memory usage.

If you are still having problems, please email us with a screenshot of the Activity Monitor window, showing SecuritySpy's CPU and memory usage and we will look into this further. You will find Activity Monitor in your Utilities folder within your Applications folder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!