Just bought the UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell.
  • I really have been waiting for something that can do RTSP as Ring, while it works, also ties me into their ecosystem. The doorbell was in stock today, so I grabbed one.

Anyone using it here? Thinking it'll work, but maybe I bought a $200 paperweight?
  • I just bought one today too. There’s no reason it shouldn’t work. But you need to set it up with the UniFi Protect software first to be able to enable RTSP.
  • Cool, keep me posted. I'm not sure how fast I'll be rushing to get it installed. I need to think about notifications and some other "Ring-like" features. Might have to do some Control4 work on the notification side.
  • This looks like a nice device and should work with SecuritySpy. When you set it up, there should be an option to set its mode to "UniFi Video" or "Standalone" - it must be set to Standalone in order to work with SecuritySpy.

Then use SecuritySpy's "Ubiquiti UniFi" profile under Preferences -> Cameras -> Device when adding the camera.

Please both report back once you have had a chance to test this.
  • Ben.. I’d imagine this would work with SS even if it wasn’t in Stand Alone mode just by adding it’s RTSP stream from the unifi protect server, wouldn’t you think? That’s how I do it with my existing unifi cameras.. I hope it can anyway cos when these bad boys are available in Europe I’m getting one and I need it in Unifi Protect to work with HomeBridge!
  • Hi @durosity, yes as far as I know you are correct. In UniFi Video mode, you can't stream to SecuritySpy directly from the camera, but you can stream from the NVR.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!