Let’s Encrypt Cert Expired
  • Hi,

My Let’s Encrypt cert expired 5 days ago. I’ve restated Security Spy and waited but no joy.

What troubleshooting steps can I perform?

Thanks,

Pete
  • Hi Pete,

Please try installing the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 5.2.5b8). Does that fix the problem?
  • Thanks Ben, that did the trick.

The cert renewed within 5 minutes of starting the beta version.

Pete
  • Hi there, I'm running 5.2.5 and I also have an expired cert that hasn't been getting auto-renewed. Is there a way to force the update or get more detailed log information?
    thanks
  • This should now be fixed in 5.2.5, so if you're still having problems with this, please check the following:

- Make sure you have a valid "viewcam.me" DDNS name set under Preferences > Web with a green indicator there.

- Make sure that you have no connection-blocking software (e.g. Little Snitch) installed, or that any such software has an exception to allow all incoming and outgoing connections for SecuritySpy.

- If this doesn't help, please email us and include the log file (File menu in SecuritySpy > Open Log) as well as a screenshot of SecuritySpy's web settings and we will look into this for you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!