Skip to content

TvOS - Display options, tours, groups, etc ?

edited May 2020 in SecuritySpy
The few screenshots I've seen of the TvOS app show either a single cam or when in multiple cams a gob of wasted space. Are there other display options? E.G., can I do 4 cams that together fill the entire screen? Or 2, 6, or 8 cams that display as large as possible?

Tour - I believe this is possible but want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Rotate through a selection of cams one by one for a proscribed period each. So perhaps cams 3, 4, 9 and 12 for 10s each? This is what we've typically called a tour. Custom display time for each cam (so 3, 9 and 12 are 10s each but 4 is 20s)? Pause on one camera?

Groups - Is it possible to create custom cam groups? On one TV we may want to display cams 3, 4, 9 and 12 in a tour and on another we may want a different selection of 6 cams in a matrix display (taking up as much screen as possible)?

Thanks,

Comments

• BenBen
    edited May 2020
    It sounds like the Multiplex display option will do what you want - you can select how many cameras you want on the screen at once, and the delay between screens. The cameras are then displayed full screen (with no space between them) and rotated as per these parameters. Once you have your macOS SecuritySpy set up with some cameras, the best thing to do would be to simply test the tvOS app to become familiar with it.

The tvOS app can't display specific groups of cameras together, but what you could do is to set up two different user accounts in SecuritySpy's web server: one with access to one set of cameras and the other with access to a different set of cameras. From the two TVs, log in using these two accounts, and you will then see a different selection of cameras on each TV.
  • Thanks for the workaround tip. We'll try that this weekend some time.