Can't access SecuritySpy outside of my network with Norton 360 on
  • I have an iMac running Catalina 10.15.4. I purchased and installed Norton 360 for Mac. Since I installed Norton 360 I can not longer access my cameras outside of my home network. I am running SecuritySpy version 5.2.2
  • It sounds like the Norton 360 firewall is blocking incoming connections to SecuritySpy. Please turn off the firewall, or add an exception in the firewall for SecuritySpy.
  • Thanks Ben. I'll try that when I get home in a couple of days.
  • Has anyone ever found how to make a firewall exception in Norton 360 for SecuritySpy web access? I tried a dozen different ways to change Norton's firewall settings and nothing worked.
  • On my system, having a VPN running on the client (i.e. iPad, phone, etc.) will prevent accessing SecuritySpy over the local network. Not sure if that helps your situation though.

When i have problems, I have to revisit each port and IP address/Subnet, for each camera to SecuritySpy, and then if applicable, then to each handheld device.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!