Amcrest ASH21
  • I got this cam in today and it works in Ethernet mode. Wont work with Wifi for some reason with SS. Has an AI auto tracking for PTZ and works very well. I haven't been able to get the PTZ controls to work with SS with manual control.
    Anyone have experience with this model?

Amcrest SmartHome AI Human Detection WiFi Camera, Indoor Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera, Baby Monitor Mode, Auto-Tracking, Home Security Camera with Night Vision, Two-Way Audio, Nanny Cam ASH21-W (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0821Q23GF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_nC8hEb3NMR4BT
  • If you set up a camera with the "Manual configuration" profile, then PTZ won't work - have you tried either the "Amcrest" or the "ONVIF" profiles? Either of these should work for PTZ.

As for the WiFi, this sounds like a network issue; if the camera works over Ethernet but not WiFi then either the camera isn't correctly connected to the WiFi network, or the camera's address that you have entered into SecuritySpy is wrong. Note that the camera will probably have a different address when it is on Ethernet vs. when it is on WiFi.
  • Thanks for the response Ben. I have tried multiple profiles with the same result.
    The camera is connected to my WiFi and can be viewed from the Amcrest app. This is a new camera and feel they have done a different config with it for cloud purposes, which is what I am trying to avoid.
    I am also unable to login to the web server for the camera settings unlike the other Amcrest cameras I have, which makes me conclude they may have made this without one.
    The only way I was able to set it up was with the Amcrest app with limited settings and assigning the IP address for the Ethernet and WiFi with a reservation for each in my router.
  • Amcrest support replied with, “ There is no way to change the port or IP address of this model”
    It is only meant to use with the Amcrest mobile app. No web interface.
    It works in SS minus the PTZ controls, so i think I may return it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!