Missing Dashboard in Catalina
  • Missing Dashboard in Catalina. Maybe someone solved this problem? :)
    Ben, maybe you will make a notification center application?
    P.S. SecuritySpy Screensaver works correctly:)
  • The dashboard window seems to work fine for me in SecuritySpy 5.0.2b11 with Catalina. Are you talking about something else? I most frequently look at recording rate versus disk pressure, and that graph seems to be working as before the upgrade.
  • The loss of the Dashboard widget is huge for me.

I tried the Screensaver route and using SS application as a remote viewer...both are slow compared to the quick view via Dashboard and a poor solution for me.

I would pay for a Notification Center app like an iOS app to fix this.

• Ah, I misunderstood you then. I thought you meant the SecuritySpy->Window->Dashboard, which graphs various statistics!
  • Ben,

As a replacement for the dashboard widget, would you consider enabling MacOS for the iOS SecuritySpy app using Catalyst. This would give a similar "quick view" as the widget did without loading the full SecuritySpy app. It should be fairly simple to try, if you haven't already.

-Mike
  • We know how useful this was, and we are looking into other options, including a notification centre widget. However there is no easy solution, so this may not surface for a while.
  • Missing Dashboard as well so watching. Updating MacMini (forced due to faulty mother board/chip and new Mini is running Catalina. Went to pull up cameras on laptop running Mojave and noticed cameras would not load. I to use Dashboard as a quick way to pull up cameras while at work and find it tremendously handy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!