Hikvision cameras, "Unrecognised request" error
  • I get this error occasionally: "Error communicating with the network device "Packing Benches". 4.2.10b14,80210,404 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Unrecognised request - check device profile, address, port and stream number."

Is there any log of what the request was?

Profile is 'Hikvision Camera". Format is H.264 RTSP (video and audio). Could it be because the camera is set to H.264+?

Thanks, James.
  • Is it the case that the camera works most of the time, but you get this error only occasionally? This is quite unusual, because the error indicates that the camera is rejecting SecuritySpy's request for the video stream with a "resource not found" error, which typically is not intermittent: either SecuritySpy is issuing the correct request or not.

Did changing the format to H.264 help?

The other thing that might help is to check for updated firmware from Hikvision. If the problem is intermittent, it sounds like a camera bug.
  • I'm getting the unrecognised requests from two cameras (I have 31). They both do not support H.264+ so it wasn't on for them.

Scared to upgrade firmware on them because when I last upgraded the firmware on a camera it bricked it! Can't do a factory reset on it because it is hanging from the roof, 10m up.

• Took forever to find, but one (device type DS-2CD2T42WD-I5) has the latest firmware. The other one is a LTS Platinum CMIP3032 which seems to be an OEM version of a Hikvision camera, found the firmware on www.ltsecurityinc.com and have updated it. Will see how it goes.
  • Just got an unrecognised request error on the CMIP3032 whose firmware I just updated.
  • The only thing I can think of is if the camera is set on a schedule to provide the video stream only at certain times. Does this error happen at the same time each day? If so then this might indicate such a setting. If the error is happening at random times, then the only other explanation I can think of is a camera bug. The request that SecuritySpy is sending is obviously correct, as it works most of the time, so there won't be anything on our side that we will be able to do to fix this - it's definitely a camera issue. Sorry I can't be of more help on this, but I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!