Motion Capture - tweaks and enhancements.
  • I have been using SS for 9 months to record traffic and number plates within 6 -60feet of an HD IP camera. I am pushing the limit of the motion capture triggers and wonder if there are enhancements that could be made.

I have set a mask to ensure waving trees don't trigger, and also to mask cars - so I only get bigger vehicles - vans and trucks. I also have set the shutter to a fast speed to freeze fast moving vehicles or those closest the camera.
    Here is a still capture with the mask overlayed to show the scope of the trigger. This vehicle was driving fast and triggered late. I could widen the mask a bit but that triples the captures I don't need. https://duaw26jehqd4r.cloudfront.net/items/0b2a2K1t1A1N202x2G07/Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 07.55.50.png

However I am missing some vehicles because the trigger is too late and they have exited frame.
    Q1 - Is there a way to pre-trigger capture?
    Q2 - Is there a way to decrease the time between captures? Currently Freq:1 Post Cap:1 - Ideally I'd like a 0.5s pre-capture and 0.5s frequency.

Q3 - Lastly I am not convinced the triggers reset quick enough. If I have a line of traffic of 20 vans then the capture is only the first 3 or so and the following 17 are ignored.

Q 4 - Lower priority wish: can different masks or capture pre-sets be applied during different schedules? The setup of triggers when IR is on is very different to normal vision (headlights illuminate areas and false trigger)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!