X in box in middle of camera view screen.
  • Using the mobile app I seem to have started getting in X in a box in the middle of the screen I am viewing the camera (both of the two I have) whilst looking at live view. I can see the picture just an X in the box in the middle and it does not seem to update.

Everything else appears to be working perfectly and the view does update every time I go back into the screen view ?

Looks like live streaming is not working ?

Regards

Jerry
  • Hi Jerry,

Could you please check that you are using the latest version of the iOS app? Open the App Store on your device and check for updates.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of SecuritySpy.

Please let me know if you are still having problems with the latest versions.
  • Thanks Ben.

All latest versions. I think its down to the connection in that when the 4G signal is week its turns off live streaming ?

Jerry
  • Hi Jerry, the app will attempt to stream video even over a weak connection (but of course if the connection is too weak then it won't be able to stream, and you will see the X).

If you go to the app's settings, make sure the "Live H.264 Video" option is turned on (the best setting for this is typically "WAN Only").

If you have checked all the above and you are still getting the X icon, then I can only conclude that it's a problem with weak signal, as this is not a known bug in our apps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!