Skip to content

iPad 2

edited March 2017 in SecuritySpy
Hi Ben, I have an older iPad 2 that doesn't update to iOS 10 (only will update to 9.x). Prior to the last update, the app worked correctly, but since on this older iPad, the video freezes and distorts with blank blocks in the pictures for each camera. This doesn't happen on my new iPads running iOS 10, so I'm wondering if there is anything you can do to make this work correctly for the iOS 9 version devices running your app? The iPad 2 has enough power for sure, as other apps can display the cams real time correctly, and it worked correctly prior to the last update. Please let me know. Thanks!!

Comments

• Our iOS app should work find on any device running iOS 9.0 or later, and you are the first customer to report this problem, so I'm not immediately sure what could be going wrong. When you say "prior to the last update", do you mean the last update or our app, or the last iOS version update that you applied?

To give us a better idea of what you are seeing, please take a screenshot to demonstrate (press both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together to capture a screenshot) and email it to us.
  • Hi Ben,

I mean prior to the last SS app update. I sent the pics to the support email. The happens on each cam, 4 wired, 1 wireless and is not reproduced on any of the iPad that run iOS 10.
  • Restored iPad to 9.3.5 (no backup), issue still persists - all default iOS settings.
  • Thanks for sending the screenshots - it looks like the images are being partially downloaded/decoded with a grey section at the bottom. I'm not immediately sure what could be going wrong but I will reply to your email with some troubleshooting advice and hopefully we can resolve this for you.
  • Thanks Ben!
    Sometimes the bar at the bottom is green, but most of the time, it's grey.
  • Thanks for helping Ben, this is fixed!!
  • Great to hear that, thanks for reporting back! For anyone else experiencing this problem, it will be fixed in the next update to the iOS app, which will be version 1.1 (out soon).