Can't view cameras using iPhone SecuritySpy app when Mac SecuritySpy app's trial has expired?
  • Recently, the version of SecuritySpy I run on my Mac Mini indicated that the trial time had expired and it was running in "view mode only". Given I had also just updated to the latest version of SecuritySpy with UPnP port forwarding I was trying to verify that it was working using the iPhone SecuritySpy app but when I bring up that app all I see is the text "No Cameras". Is this a result of the Mac SS app being in "view mode only"?
  • Yes this is the case - if SecuritySpy is in "view only" mode (e.g. after the trial has expired) you won't be able to view any camera's via its web interface - this goes for viewing via a web browser such as Safari but also via any iOS app, including our own.

As it says under "Requirements" on our SecuritySpy iOS/tvOS app page: "A SecuritySpy license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app."

And on the SecuritySpy iOS app store page: "Please note you will need a Mac running SecuritySpy 4.0.8 or later, with a SecuritySpy software license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app."
  • I searched the FAQ for that info so it may be good to put that info there as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!