Skip to content

Can't view cameras using iPhone SecuritySpy app when Mac SecuritySpy app's trial has expired?

edited March 2017 in SecuritySpy
Recently, the version of SecuritySpy I run on my Mac Mini indicated that the trial time had expired and it was running in "view mode only". Given I had also just updated to the latest version of SecuritySpy with UPnP port forwarding I was trying to verify that it was working using the iPhone SecuritySpy app but when I bring up that app all I see is the text "No Cameras". Is this a result of the Mac SS app being in "view mode only"?

Comments

• Yes this is the case - if SecuritySpy is in "view only" mode (e.g. after the trial has expired) you won't be able to view any camera's via its web interface - this goes for viewing via a web browser such as Safari but also via any iOS app, including our own.

As it says under "Requirements" on our SecuritySpy iOS/tvOS app page: "A SecuritySpy license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app."

And on the SecuritySpy iOS app store page: "Please note you will need a Mac running SecuritySpy 4.0.8 or later, with a SecuritySpy software license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app."
  • I searched the FAQ for that info so it may be good to put that info there as well.