can't add a Dahua cam - keeps on saying authentication error and check username /password
  • But i can login on a browser with no problems (daua webpage of the cam itself).
    Could anyone help?
  • Hi - can you see an "ONVIF authentication" setting in the camera's settings pages? Try turning this off, then using either the ONVIF profile or the Dahua profile in SecuritySpy.
  • I have several Dahua SD22204T-GN cameras. Those I had purchased earlier had no problems, but the 2 I just received had different firmware that caused the same problem that jeronimo described. The problem was resolved by installing new firmware that I found at dahuawiki.com that is intended for the Dahua DH-SD22A204TN-GN camera. It installed easily and worked fine in my Dahua SD22204T-GN cameras.
  • Hi ben,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately this doesn't help. I turned of the authentication setting but in SecuritySPY using Onvif it tries to connect (error 4001) and with the dahua profiel it says authentication error... Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • HI VOP,

I will look for my cam updates then :-) lets see if there is any :-)
  • Haven't found any, will ask my reseller. Keep u posted.
  • I have found a couple configuration limitations with the new firmware, probably because the firmware was intended for a different Dahua camera.
  • Well, I seem to have the latest firmware. BUT: adding with the onvif profile without username/password and turn of authentication in the camera profile settings itself works. So, it does work but it is not so obvious how to do it. Thanks for adding to the discussion!
  • I just received a new Dahua DH-SD22A204TN-GN PTZ camera. It has the same "Authentication error Check username and password" problem in SecuritySpy but I can log in using a browser with no problems. No variation with camera settings or ONVIF settings on SS helped. I now have 4 Dahua PTZ cameras working well, and 4 that I can only log into on a browser.
  • Hi VOP, would it be possible for you to put one of your cameras online temporarily so that we can connect to it from here and do some testing? To do this you will have to set up the port forwarding settings on your router to forward incoming connections to the camera on port 80 and 554, and email us your public IP address (or DDNS name, which can be set up in SecuritySpy's Web Server Setup window), as well as the camera's username and password. Let me know if you need more information about how to set this up.
  • Hi VOP!

I found out that the smart codec feature from Dahua causes the problems. Turning this of and it works..

Hope this helps!

Jeroen
  • Hi All, Dahua authentication problems should be resolved in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.0.8b5).
  • Yes it works. Thanks a lot Ben.
    Best rgds
  • The beta works for me too, and it improved my MacPro performance.
    Thanks.
  • Thanks for the feedback, this is great to hear. We've now released an official update (4.0.8) with this improvement.
  • Just a quick note -- I have a newly-received Dahua camera (DH-IPC-HDBW44A1-EN-AS) which exhibited this same behavior (authentication failures after auto-discovery and entry of user/password information in the SecuritySpy v4.1.6 setup pane). Turning off ONVIF authentication and using the ONVIF profile in SecuritySpy resolved the problem.
  • Hi Edward, how long is the password? Try using a password that is not more than 8 characters, and doesn't contain any unusual characters. Some cameras can't cope with overly complex passwords.
  • Thank you, I will try this at my first opportunity and report back.
  • I had this same problem using a Dahua bullet ...

Camera Device Type IPC-HFW54A1E-Z
    Software Version 2.400.0000.30.R, Build Date: 2016-06-04
    WEB Version 3.2.1.350858
    ONVIF Version 2.4.2
    S/N 3B0435FPAA00061

I went to the camera via Web browser via Setup -> Camera -> Video and turned the "Smart Codec" from on to off and video started appearing correctly via the Web browser and in the "All Cameras" view in the SecSpy application. Running 4.1.6 SecSpy.
    Maybe this will help someone else.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!