Skip to content

Remote viewing via web browser doesn't show entire footage even in HQ

edited April 2015 in SecuritySpy
Hi,

Watching captured footage via the Security Spy browser works flawlessly and it will display about 5 hours of motion capture for the day (using H264 and an approximately 6GB file). However, when connecting to the web server remotely and selecting HQ play mode it shows about 40 min of motion capture footage. I can't figure out the issue. I've tried turning off the fast fly setting to see if that makes a difference but it didn't (unless that needs to be checked off prior to the footage having been recorded). I also can't seem to figure out how to use the Security Spy client to view remote captured footage - I can use it for remote live view without a problem. The thought being using the client to view remote footage would yield better performance and enable me to view the entire footage for the day.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comments

• Hi - please make sure you are using the latest version of SecuritySpy, and try both Safari and Chrome to view the footage to check if there is any difference.

When recording in H.264 format, SecuritySpy now uses HTML5 to display the video file in Chrome, whereas Safari will use the QuickTime Plugin. So it will be interesting to see if one viewing method works but not the other.

Also, if you use the download button to download the whole HQ file, and then open it locally in QuickTime Player, do you see all the video?

As for remote viewing using SecuritySpy as the client: this is only designed to work for live video, not captured footage. To view captured footage remotely you'll need to use a web browser.